GoHealth’s Response to COVID-19
As we all navigate these challenging times, I want to provide an update on how GoHealth is responding to the COVID-19 outbreak. As the leading health insurance technology platform, GoHealth will continue to connect consumers with the right health insurance coverage for them. We are loyal to this mission, and right now is no exception.
Here’s what GoHealth is doing to support our employees, partners, carriers, and customers:
- Enacted new policies and protocols limiting and restricting business travel, beginning with eliminating all non-essential business travel the week of March 2, 2020 and later escalating to a Temporary Travel and Self-Isolation Policy, effective March 11, 2020.
- Implemented an Infectious/Contagious Illness Policy on March 13, 2020, providing leniency to our sales center employees in the event of a diagnosis of an infectious or contagious illness. This aims to help employees through a prolonged illness and ensures we maintain a safe and healthy workplace for all.
- We worked around the clock to enable our licensed benefit advisors and other sales center employees to service customers from the safety of their homes. Enabling licensed benefit advisors to sell from home is critical for our employees’ health, safety, and productivity. I am proud of the steps our company has taken to pivot our workforce in the past few weeks. Our talent will provide the same level of service that our carriers and consumers have come to expect from GoHealth.
- Our licensed benefit advisors stand ready to assist consumers who have coverage questions related to COVID-19 — from testing to care. The health of our customers is deeply important to us. That’s why we’re making sure we are armed with information that can help customers of every age protect themselves. In addition, our Member Services team is reaching out to customers to proactively address their questions about their coverage and Medicare benefits.
- We have transitioned 100% of our workforce to remote work, in keeping with guidance from the CDC and local health authorities. Our teams are in constant contact with each other. We will rely on our virtual capabilities for meetings, and we will support our employees as they continue to adjust.
- We are working with each of our carrier partners to ensure we are delivering on our commitments to them and operating in full compliance, as always, with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- We are encouraging healthy behavior and preventive measures to keep our workforce as healthy as possible. We all have a moral responsibility to do our part to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, and I thank my employees for being a valued part of that effort.
We are guided by our goal to improve healthcare coverage for as many Americans as possible. As we prepare for the weeks to come, GoHealth will continue to innovate – just as we have always done. Our talent is among the very best and I have every confidence that we will rise to the challenges ahead.
I am committed to sharing updates with the GoHealth community as soon as they are available. I wish you and your loved ones continued health and safety.
About GoHealth, Inc.
As a leading health insurance marketplace, GoHealth’s mission is to improve access to healthcare in America. Enrolling in a health insurance plan can be confusing for customers, and the seemingly small differences between plans can lead to significant out-of-pocket costs or lack of access to critical medicines and even providers. GoHealth combines cutting-edge technology, data science and deep industry expertise to match customers with the healthcare policy and carrier that is right for them. Since its inception, GoHealth has enrolled millions of people in Medicare and individual and family plans. For more information, visit https://www.gohealth.com/.