Create compelling content to help customers understand and navigate the complexities of health insurance, health care, and Medicare. This is a unique opportunity where your content will make a positive impact from the start. GoHealth is seeking a Content Writer, to help us grow our audience with useful and meaningful content. You will be a reporter/journalist, involved in the content strategy from ideation, research and writing, to publication. From educating customers on the principles of healthcare or Medicare, to creating highly interesting, data-backed editorials, this role will be a critical piece in establishing GoHealth as an authority.
Some digital content types you’ll work on include: short and long form content, white papers (data-backed research studies), lead forms and button-labeling, news releases, webinar or video series, online guides, listicles, and so on.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.
- Create highly engaging, unique content that serves a strategic need and addresses the customers' emotional state. Content must also be useful for an audience that may not know what exactly they need. Content must be well-researched, profoundly helpful/useful, comprehensive but not overwhelming, fact-checked, fulfill a content purpose, and optimized for SEO.
- Ideate and lead discussions on new content stories and/or strategies
- Meet all needs and deadlines set by the Senior Content Strategist
- Partner and develop strong relationships with various business, agent, analytics, and UX/development teams to help shape and execute your content vision
- Assist and share new ideas for digital/web product innovation
- Assist with email and other paid media advertising to unify brand voice and tone, as needed
Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years of experience - writing, reporting or digital copywriting and a passion for it.
- Bachelor’s Degree - English, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing
- Solid experience in web/digital copywriting, including functional and transactional copywriting
- Proven experience writing compelling and easy-to-read editorials or long-form content, based from complex subjects. Includes content with a strong focus on data, consumer sentiments or insights, etc.
- You’re meticulous and truly enjoy writing; You have a strong attention to detail; Strong communication and written skills; You’re a creative thinker and self-starter; both an independent worker and collaborative team player
- Proven ability to work with content deadlines, while not compromising content quality
- Thorough knowledge of grammar, syntax, style, spelling, and punctuation; understanding of AP and Chicago writing styles and citing standards
- Experience in the health insurance or medicare industry, or a strong desire to understand it
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Charitable events
- Monthly Event Calendar
- Birthday, Anniversary
- Onsite Cafeteria
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employ