GoHealth Intro: As a leading health insurance marketplace, Go Health’s mission is to improve access to healthcare in America. For customers, enrolling in a health insurance plan is confusing and difficult, and seemingly small differences between plans can lead to significant out-of-pocket costs or lack of access to critical medicines and even providers. We use our technology, agents, and expertise to cut through the confusion and get customers enrolled in a plan with the right coverage and benefits.
Why Apply: GoHealth has established a culture where our employees feel empowered, engaged and inspired. We are looking for builders who will contribute to the long-term health of the company. We also understand that you may not check every box in our requirements list, most applicants don’t! In fact, frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply today!
About the role:
GoHealth is looking for a Vice President of Actuarial Services to join as the leader of the Actuarial department, reporting to the Chief Actuary. In this role, you will be responsible for guiding the work of the teams, helping create and lead strategy, and oversee the execution. We seek candidates with the ability to effectively manage a team, derive analytical insights from a variety of business contexts, and communicate those insights effectively to executive leadership and other stakeholders.
- Lead a team of actuaries to:
- Project lifetime value (LTV) of a policy and apply to 606 Revenue.
- Create LTV documentation for internal and external auditing purposes.
- Analyze data and present LTV strategic insights to organization .Collaborate cross functionally to manage project goals and expectations for delivery on all key actuarial activities
- Lead analytics to inform understanding of shifts in the Medicare market landscape to inform business direction
- Utilize actuarial principles to assist in special studies such as expansion strategy, mergers and acquisitions, marketing strategies and improvement
- Present data and analytical findings to key business stakeholders at all levels of leadership
- Provides expertise in defining, communicating, and managing the risk/reward of various contract models.
- Related activities include marketplace monitoring, contract provision review, metric development, performance reporting & monitoring, and performance forecast modeling.
- Provides expertise in defining and developing actuarial models and reports to demonstrate the value of GoHealth
- Lead the team in providing expertise to define, develop and scale actuarial models and special reports to support the performance of our client partners
- Develops and mentors staff through open communication, training and development opportunities, builds and maintains employee morale and motivation.
- Mentor, guide, and develop team leaders and team members
What you have:
- ASA required; FSA preferred
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Math, Statistics, or related quantitative disciplines
- 10+ years of experience using descriptive and diagnostic analytics to help guide strategic decision-making in a business context
- 10+ years of hands-on experience managing a team of actuaries
- Demonstrated ability to manage and effectively lead a team while effectively prioritizing and allocating their time and resources
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing to colleagues with varying degrees of analytical knowledge and understanding
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer