GoHealth Intro: As the leading health insurance marketplace, GoHealth’s mission is to improve access to healthcare in America. For customers, enrolling in a health insurance plan is confusing and difficult, and seemingly small differences between plans can lead to significant out-of-pocket costs or lack of access to critical medicines and even providers. We use our technology, agents and expertise to cut through the confusion and get customers enrolled in a plan with the right coverage and benefits.
Why Apply: GoHealth has established a culture where our employees feel empowered, engaged and inspired. We are looking for builders who will contribute to the long-term health of the company. We also understand that you may not check every box in our requirements list, most applicants don’t! In fact, frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply today!
About the role:
We are looking for a Vice President of Information Security to lead a team of experienced security professionals to drive Information Security vision, strategy, adoption, and continuous improvement. A successful candidate will be a highly motivated consensus builder, able to work across business lines, understand business challenges, and integrate them into a pragmatic, business-aligned strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Provide strategic leadership to define and advance the company Information Security priorities and objectives
- Develop and maintain key relationships across business units and in a matrixed environment to define business-unit objectives, identify and track high-value assets, evaluate possible risks, implement risk management processes, and raise risk awareness
- Advise senior management on policies, processes, and systems
- Analyzing and mitigating Information Security threats
- Ensuring that newly-acquired technology complies with the organizational security requirements
- Planning, designing, and implementing an information security strategy
- Provide operationally robust, cost-effective, centralized security services to all departments
- Determining the cause of internal and external security incidents and instituting appropriate corrective action
- Presenting regular feedback reports on Information Security to organizational leadership
- Monitor and drive organizational response to evolution in Information Security standards and threats
- Develops and manages Information Security budget and expenses
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience required, with expertise in security architecture design, network security, mobile security, vulnerability management, threat intelligence/analysis, and risk management.
- Experience managing budgets and financial forecasting
- Superior collaboration, communication, people management, and coaching skills
- In-depth understanding of relevant frameworks and regulations including HIPAA, SOX, and NIST
- Ability to translate complex technology and security information into understandable business risks
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and execute iteratively as a pragmatic change agent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer