The Technology Strategy Lead, Operations will partner with the VP of Operations and key team members to ensure that their objectives are effectively translated into technology initiatives, and appropriately prioritized within our technology roadmap to maximize value. They will maintain close alignment with their business counterparts to understand if developed technologies are meeting desired outcomes, identify new strategic opportunities, and proactively address prioritization needs to improve our effectiveness in utilizing technology resources. They will also keep their business counterparts updated on timing and delivery of technology initiatives to support ongoing strategic planning and smooth integration of newly delivered capabilities into the organization. The Technology Strategy Lead will report to the Director of Technology Strategy & Planning as part of the broader Technology team at GoHealth.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Partner with VP of Operations and key team members to align on their objectives, both operationally and financially, and ensure they are accurately translated into the technology roadmap.
- Interface with front line operations teams to gain a deep understanding of how technology is involved in both the pre-“Ready to Sell” process and in an agent’s ongoing career.
- Maintain ongoing view of Operations priorities and communicate them to the Program and Product Management teams; assist to resolve prioritization issues when necessary.
- Support business counterparts with strategic planning related to technology by identifying timelines, key checkpoints, dependencies, and potential risks. This includes buy vs build decision making, and assistance with 3rd party product evaluation when necessary.
- Facilitate business decision making related to technology platforms by maintaining an up-to-date understanding of each platform’s capabilities/performance/dependencies, and leading discussions to help reach consensus.
- Proactively identify opportunities for technology to deliver value to Operation through increased revenue, improved efficiency, cost savings, etc.
- Support calculation of expected financial impact of technology projects, including revenue and EBITDA, maintaining a standard financial methodology to allow for clear comparison across projects.
- Work closely with the Program Management team to maintain a technology roadmap that reflects the priorities of the business.
- Work closely with the rest of the Technology Strategy team to form a cohesive view of our near- and long-term technology strategy.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field, MBA preferred
- 4+ years of experience in business strategy, technology, or operations, preferably at top-tier services/investment firms, or growth companies with a focus on a training and licensed a skilled/regulated sales force
- Strong intuition for technology and user experience, as well as creativity in envisioning how technology supports competitive operational capabilities; prior experience with UX or UI is preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude for critical decision making with an ability to bring strategic, operational and financial perspectives to bear on those decisions
- Natural leadership that inspires cross-functional partnership and a demonstrated record of driving consensus on objectives and trade-offs across the enterprise through collaborative influence
Benefits and Perks
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities' and the CDC.