GoHealth is looking for a Strategic Partnerships Intern to join our Strategic Partnerships team for the summer, looking at potential partnerships in emerging healthtech companies, via traditional business development partnerships or strategic investment partnerships. As part of this lean team, you will work directly with the Director to support the end-to-end partnership and investment process. This is a paid internship.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Develop and refine venture investment theses, identify new trends in healthcare innovation
- Source deals through relationships in the venture community, including with startup founders, investors, healthcare industry groups, and large corporates that fit with GoHealth’s strategic priorities
- Lead deal triage, diligence, and assessment process for potential early stage partnerships
- Financial modeling for deal opportunities, including revenue projections, market models, valuations, and risk-weighted returns calculations
- Present investment recommendations during Deal Team, Investment Committee, and other executive-level meetings
- Collaborate with wider Strategic Partnerships team to align investment theses and deal decisions to near and long-term GoHealth corporate goals
- Represent GoHealth at industry conferences and events and through development of insight pieces and other thought leadership
Skills & Requirements:
- MBA, expected 2022 graduation
- Relevant experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, M&A, or startup
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of the healthtech venture space
- Excellent financial modeling skills, including market models, financial statements, and valuation analysis
- Excellent executive-level communication skills, oral and written
- 10-week paid internship (starting June 2021) in the trendy River North Neighborhood in downtown Chicago. Subject to change remotely pending status of COVID-19
- Casual work environment - we’re a friendly group, we have fun with each other and have a respectful workplace
- Rotational days to shadow other areas of the business
- Interactive Lunch & Learns with C-Suite
- Continued training opportunities through GoHealth E-Learning series
- Casual dress code
GoHealth will conduct all interviews for our internships remotely. While we intend to have the internship program (beginning June 2021) at our Chicago Headquarters, we are prepared to move this program virtual following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.