Senior UX Designer - GoHealth
GoHealth builds industry-leading technology products that help millions of Americans find the insurance coverage that they need. As part of the UX team here at GoHealth, you will be directly involved in making an impact on those millions of end users. The Senior UX Designer position will help drive User Experience for all of the GoHealth product offerings. You will be conducting user research, creating user personas / scenarios, wireframes, functional prototypes with annotations, and translating wireframes into visual design concepts that will be brought to life.
The Senior User Experience Designer will significantly influence the final product by working in close collaboration with a member of the product management and development teams, throughout the different design phases. Presenting ideas, gathering feedback and iterating towards product solutions that will help make the insurance purchase process better and easier for our users. You should have an understanding of best design practices on both Desktop and Mobile and an ability to clearly communicate them during product reviews and feedback sessions. You will drive all the phases of the design thinking process and play a key role in determining how, why and for who a product is built. This role will report into the product organization and report directly to the Director of User Experience.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Create engaging web-based applications and products for Desktop and Mobile
- Collaborate with product development teams to understand business objectives and user needs
- Iteratively refine designs based on feedback from product development teams, business stakeholders, or clients
- Produce storyboards, site maps, wireframes, interaction flow diagrams, and other design artifacts that use UX best practices on both Desktop & Mobile environments
- Prototype, validate and defend your product ideas based on user-centric design principles
- Create, organize and deliver design assets to the development team and work to ensure that design is being implemented to the highest standard
- Define overarching user experience guidelines
- Help build style guides, create reusable interface elements, and refine existing ones
- Ownership of multiple threads of design work and the ability to manage timelines and deliverables
Skills & Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years of professional experience as a User Experience or Product designer
- Strong problem-solving skills and can communicate ideas, design rationale, and specifics of a user-centric design process
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Able to turn rough ideas into touchable, measurable user experiences, designing and prototyping interfaces
- Comfortable presenting designs formally and informally
- Good instincts for usability, but a willingness to validate ideas by measuring and analyzing data
- Understand the opportunities and constraints of multiple platforms (web, mobile, tablet)
- Experience designing for both the Desktop & Mobile platform
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, ability to hand-code a huge plus
- Expertise with Adobe products as well as core UX tools like Sketch & InVision
- Highly motivated and takes pride in what's crafted
- Online portfolio of projects
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities' and the CDC.