Title: Senior Director Product Management, Data
As a leading health insurance marketplace, GoHealth’s mission is to improve access to healthcare in America. For customers, enrolling in a health insurance plan is confusing and difficult, and seemingly small differences between plans can lead to significant out-of-pocket costs or lack of access to critical medicines and even providers. We use our technology, agents, and expertise to cut through the confusion and get customers enrolled in a plan with the right coverage and benefits.
GoHealth has established a culture where our employees feel empowered, engaged, and inspired. We are looking for builders who will contribute to the long-term health of the company. We also understand that you may not check every box in our requirements list, most applicants don’t! In fact, frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply today!
About The Role
GoHealth is looking for a Senior Director of Product Management to help lead our data products and platform into the future. You will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Product Management within GoHealth's Technology organization to help establish, articulate, and accomplish our data-driven transformation. While guiding efforts to build high-value products will be a primary responsibility, you will maintain a sense of our customers’ and licensed sales agents’ needs & behaviors. If you enjoy leading a transformation by digging into the details, analyzing the data, knowing the market, and driving innovative solutions, we encourage you to apply.
What You’ll Do
- Lead GoHealth’s Data Product Team to develop the data product vision by collaborating across the organization to identify gaps in our data & reporting, then design solutions and drive them to delivery.
- Work with diverse partners to produce a well-defined product roadmap which executes your product vision and exhibits sound, sustainable technical design, and high business value.
- Communicate both a high-level data product vision and specifics of technical implementation to audiences both inside and outside of our organization.
- Consult with partners on how our products can be used to accomplish goals. In cases where a solution would require development, this includes coaching partners towards options that create generalizable, sustainable value for a broad set of related, common applications.
- Envision & advocate for new uses of our unique data assets, machine learning expertise, and data platform capabilities.
- Actively prioritize to balance specific projects within the company's priorities at large, with the objective of ensuring our operating plan produces the greatest possible value.
- Negotiate desirable, measurable outcomes with executive partners and then manage delivery of products to capture those outcomes.
- Work with our Data Platform, BI Development, and Analytics teams to design and build reporting & analytical solutions for our stakeholders.
- Actively lead and develop Data Product Managers by identifying professional development needs, career growth opportunities, and opportunities to retain key talent.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of experience as a leader managing a product and/or technical team in a high-growth company.
- Experience working in a technical or engineering role; comfort in discussing engineered systems in technical detail.
- Experience developing and growing a product management team.
- Proven track record of working with executives to understand complex problems in strategic and business terms (i.e. competitive differentiation, financial/operational metrics and value drivers).
- Ability to actively collaborate and influence without authority, communicate, inspire, and motivate across all levels.
- Familiarity with large scale data platforms (including customer data & machine learning platforms), master data management, reporting solutions, as well as data ingestion & distribution.
- Well-developed systems thinking, demonstrated through education and professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in fields such as analytics, computer science, informatics, data engineering, or other technical disciplines preferred.
What We Offer
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Opportunity to make a real impact
- Mentorship from senior leaders to invest in your career growth
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Resource Groups
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer