GoHealth Intro: As a leading health insurance marketplace, Go Health’s mission is to improve access to healthcare in America. For customers, enrolling in a health insurance plan is confusing and difficult, and seemingly minor differences between plans can lead to significant out-of-pocket costs or lack of access to critical medicines and even providers. We use our technology, agents, and expertise to cut through the confusion and get customers enrolled in a plan with the right coverage and benefits.
Why Apply: GoHealth has established a culture where our employees are empowered, engaged, and inspired. We are looking for builders who will contribute to the long-term health of the company. We also understand that you may not check every box in our requirements list, most applicants don’t! In fact, frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply today!
About the role:
GoHealth is looking for a Sr. Data Analyst to join its Data Science Strategic Insights team. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving GoHealth’s 606 Revenue Projections and Book of Business processes. Overall goals of this role will consist of: 1) improving current revenue projection process efficiency, 2) improve the Book of Business using data from various sources and formats, and reconciliation between data sources. This role will directly report to our Sr. Manager of Data Science.
About the team:
The department is comprised of actuaries, data scientists, business analysts, and data analysts. focused on addressing strategic questions for GoHealth. Teaching, and mentoring, and developing is part of our culture. The goal is to develop a balanced team with expertise from multiple disciplines.
What you’ll do:
- Understand GoHealth’s business processes, including the role each business unit plays in supporting the company’s ultimate objectives.
- Lead quantitative analyses, working with business stakeholders and data engineers to identify and solve business problems.
- Provide new and creative insights through a combination of descriptive and diagnostic analytics.
- Test hypotheses across functions using measurable, statistical methods to evaluate best performing strategies.
- Stay current with data wrangling and processing tools, techniques and methods for data science, statistics and optimization.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or related BS or BA degree in quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics or Engineering.
- Mastery of statistics including regression, estimation and hypothesis testing.
- A minimum 5+ years of experience, with various tools used for data exploration and business intelligence (e.g., AWS, SQL, Python, R, Tableau). Experience with Python and SQL required.
- Strong experience in writing, editing and modifying complex, efficient SQL scripts and queries.
- Experience guiding decision-making in a business context through a combination of descriptive and diagnostic analytics.
- Proven ability to take insights and turn them into models and products can drive business value.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing to colleagues with varying degrees of analytical knowledge and understanding.
- Experience extracting and standardizing inconsistent data from disparate data sources.
- Strong experience in gathering, creating, and monitoring user requirements in a production environment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer