GoHealth is seeking a digital marketer experienced in Search Engine Optimization, content strategy/optimization, and technical SEO. You must be passionate about SEO, content, eager to learn, and an entrepreneur at heart.
As a SEO manager, you will create and shape the digital SEO strategy for GoHealth. If you want a role that drives results and action, with “more doing” and “less politics or convincing”, then this role is for you. Better stated – this is a role where content and development/engineering resources are stacked for you, without interference from competing needs so it is a matter of prioritization and execution. This role is an integral part in our content marketing ecosphere, so we need someone excited to join a team and ready make a difference.
Your partners will include the content/editorial team, data/research analytics, as well as the UX/design and engineering teams. You will report to the Director of SEO & Organic Acquisition.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Analyze the organic search landscape and detail new traffic opportunities; determine and prioritize projects each team should work on, in collaboration with the business and the overall strategy.
- Shape the website information architecture using supportive, search data. Collaboratively work with the content/editorial teams on content optimization, on-page SEO and SEO content execution – supplying critical search information before content development kickoff.
- Determine the technical SEO project list (crawling vs. indexing, mobile, page speed, schema, semantic HTML, etc.) as well is website UX enhancement list (browse/search, valuable customer-facing assets, etc.). Provide prioritization and project scope details to design, development/engineering teams.
- Perform competitive analyses; determine insights and actions.
- Find opportunities that support an off-page SEO strategy.
- Analyze data, create performance tracking/reports; and utilize insights and findings to inform strategic direction.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in SEO.
- Strong experience in: Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, & Screaming Frog
- Detail-oriented, creative problem solver, self-motivator, passionate about innovation, with proven SEO experience (content, technical, analytical, etc.)
- Strong data analytic skills (comfortable with analyzing and manipulating large data sets). Loves using data to inform strategy, loves to spend time in the details to exhaust all options before we accept anything as fact.
- Has knowledge/experience in programs such as Conductor, Moz, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, DeepCrawl, & Tableau.
- Has basic HTML skills, for on-page SEO tactics.
- Confident with creating clear project details that are understood by design/development/engineering teams (reducing overall time spent on questions or missing inputs, increasing project efficiency).
- Absorbed in the details of providing best-in-class SEO information to content team to ensure over content success.
- Comfortable in business forecasting and competitive analysis.
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer