GoHealth Intro: As a leading health insurance marketplace, Go Health’s mission is to improve access to healthcare in America. For customers, enrolling in a health insurance plan is confusing and difficult, and seemingly small differences between plans can lead to significant out-of-pocket costs or lack of access to critical medicines and even providers. We use our technology, agents, and expertise to cut through the confusion and get customers enrolled in a plan with the right coverage and benefits.
Why Apply: GoHealth has established a culture where our employees feel empowered, engaged and inspired. We are looking for builders who will contribute to the long-term health of the company. We also understand that you may not check every box in our requirements list, most applicants don’t! In fact, frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply today!
About the role: The newly created Senior Tax Accountant role will report to the Sr. Manager of Tax and is responsible for supporting the Sr. Manager of Tax in coordinating the company’s tax functions, including tax accounting and financial statement reporting, partnership and TRA reporting, compliance, non-income tax related items, audits and tax planning and strategy. This role is ideal for highly motivated individuals with the ability to complete tasks and projects to a high degree of success.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare workpapers supporting the income tax provision on a quarterly and yearly basis including, but not limited to, effective and estimated annual tax rate calculations, valuation allowance assessments, current and deferred tax calculations, return to provision adjustments, basis calculations and uncertain tax positions.
- Assist with the tax related close processes including income tax provision entries and management of all tax related GL accounts.
- Prepare tax compliance workpapers for federal and state income/franchise tax. Prepare returns or support the return process for property tax, sales and use tax, annual reports, and other non-income tax related items.
- Understand the schedules related to the company’s tax receivable agreement.
- Research certain business transactions and initiatives that may impact the company’s tax positions, strategy, or landscape.
- Support income and non-income tax related audits across all jurisdictions.
- Provide information and workpapers to third-party service providers for exceptional delivery and efficiency.
What we’re looking for:
- BS Degree in Accounting, Master of Science in Taxation (MST), MBA or degree in related field is required
- CPA is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, preferably with a mix of public accounting and public company environment
- Experience with partnerships, section 743(b) is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Location: Chicago, IL (3 days in office)
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401(k) program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth is an equal opportunity employer