GoHealth Intro: As a leading health insurance marketplace, Go Health’s mission is to improve access to healthcare in America. For customers, enrolling in a health insurance plan is confusing and difficult, and seemingly small differences between plans can lead to significant out-of-pocket costs or lack of access to critical medicines and even providers. We use our technology, agents, and expertise to cut through the confusion and get customers enrolled in a plan with the right coverage and benefits.
Why Apply: GoHealth has established a culture where our employees feel empowered, engaged and inspired. We are looking for builders who will contribute to the long-term health of the company. We also understand that you may not check every box in our requirements list, most applicants don’t! In fact, frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply today!
About the role:
GoHealth is looking for a Sr. Manager of Data Scientist to join its Data Science Strategy and Insights team. You will be responsible for using a combination of business intuition and advanced analytic techniques including statistics and optimization to develop models, products and technologies that create value across all aspects of our diverse business. Some current and recent projects include the modeling of customer retention, lifetime values of Medicare Advantage policies and detection of anomalies in commission payments. This role will directly report to our VP of Actuarial and Analytics.
About the team:
The department is comprised of actuaries, data scientists, and business analysts focused on addressing strategic questions for GoHealth using statistics and data science techniques. Teaching, and mentoring, and developing is part of our culture. The goal is to develop a balanced team with expertise from multiple disciplines.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of data professionals who partner with business stakeholders to test hypothesis, solve problems, and provide performance insights.
- Manage a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts to work on Advanced Analytics projects in customer lifetime value, A/B testing and other areas.
- Work with Customer Analytics and Revenue Operations to build predictive models, achieve accurate revenue forecasts, and support proper financial controls and revenue recognition.
- Collaborate cross functionally to manage project goals and expectations for actuarial and data science initiatives.
- Understand GoHealth’s business processes, the role each business unit plays in contributing to the company’s success, and how data analysis can support their operations.
- Oversee the analysis of customer lifetime value and the identification of drivers of attrition and churn. Bring continuing analysis to lead to improvements in customer retention.
- Establish requirements for data and software engineering teams to build systems to productionalize important models and data flows.
- Demonstrate the ability to stay current and improve at the leading edge in academic research in statistical modeling, data science and analytics. Introduce technology and process changes across the organization.
- Partner with engineering, product, and data science teams to deliver a best-in-class analytics solution.
- Mentor, empower and develop Data Scientists and Data Analysts on the team.
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum 7+ years of experience, with various tools used for data exploration and business intelligence (e.g., AWS, SQL, Python, R, Tableau). Experience with Python and SQL preferred.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team and leading projects
- In depth knowledge and experience working with Data management and BI strategies, principles and practices including experience with framework for data quality, data governance, stewardship, and metadata management
- Knowledge of technology and information systems, with focus on data analysis, data modeling, relational database, and reporting tools including real-time reporting, historical reporting, and advanced analysis
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Data & Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other related field
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer