GoHealth Intro: As a leading health insurance marketplace, GoHealth’s mission is to improve access to healthcare in America. For customers, enrolling in a health insurance plan is confusing and difficult, and seemingly small differences between plans can lead to significant out-of-pocket costs or lack of access to critical medicines and even providers. We use our technology, agents, and expertise to cut through the confusion and get customers enrolled in a plan with the right coverage and benefits.
Why Apply: GoHealth has established a culture where our employees feel empowered, engaged and inspired. We are looking for builders who will contribute to the long-term health of the company. We also understand that you may not check every box in our requirements list, most applicants don’t! In fact, frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply today!
About the Role:
GoHealth is looking for a Product Manager to help lead our products into the future. You will sit within GoHealth's product organization and help establish, articulate, and accomplish our product vision. While guiding efforts to build high-value products will be a primary responsibility, you will maintain a sense of our clients' needs and behaviors. We encourage you to apply if you enjoy navigating ambiguous business challenges, understanding market dynamics, negotiating with business and engineering stakeholders to drive desirable outcomes, conducting customer research, collaborating with designers, digging into the details and gathering requirements, testing and learning, and conducting rigorous financial and performance analysis on opportunities. You will report to the VP of Product Management.
What you'll do:
- Support development of GoHealth's product vision and product roadmap by collaborating across the organization to identify areas of focus where new products or product enhancements can produce value.
- Help negotiate desirable, measurable outcomes with executive partners using clear communication and a professional, collaborative engagement style.
- Communicate both high-level product vision and specifics of technical implementation to audiences both inside and outside of our organization.
- Manage delivery of products using agile methodology, including writing, prioritizing, and approving user stories and technical stories.
- Work with design professionals to build compelling, measurable user experiences that can be analyzed and optimized with the data they produce.
- Collaborate with partners and vendors to manage product & technical needs.
- Collaborate effectively in cross-functional product teams, facilitating positive energy / engagement and helping elevate the capability of others.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree with a differentiated academic track record, preferably in a technical field
- 4+ years of experience working in a product and/or technical role in a high-growth company
- Top-tier generalist able to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar subject areas and clearly and concisely articulate complex problems
- Experience working on digital product development programs, ideally in Agile methodology
- Strong problem solving to tackle a variety of issues in an integrated fashion
- Ability to influence through effective communication and presentation skills
- Broad familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure, database systems, vendor product integration, and emerging technology areas
- Proficiency in collecting and analyzing data, including comfort in SQL, Excel (can perform complex functions). Familiarity with Python, Splunk and similar systems a plus
- Systems thinking, demonstrated through education and professional experience
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer