The Principal Site Reliability Engineer, at GoHealth will be a lead role in designing high-performing, scalable, web-based software solutions that handle a high volume of transactions each day. The ideal Principal Software Engineer will be a creative, strategic, and motivator that empowers your team. You will excel in an Agile environment and will be process- and technology-improvement oriented. The Principal Software Engineer will be an important contributor to our Infrastructure team, serving as an expert in the group and as a mentor to their team.You will report to the VP of Engineering.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Be the go-to technical lead for high priority technical matters at GoHealth.
- Identify new ways to improve processes within your team and projects.
- Connect lower level technical details to our needs.
- Advocate for and champion overall code quality, reuse, and extensibility, and serve as technical expert.
- Empower your team. Encourage ongoing professional development of all team members, mentor junior engineers, and cultivate a positive working environment.
- Promote experience in the company and participate in startup community activities like engagement with GitHub, Stack Overflow, and Chicago-based meetups.
- Develop knowledge of GoHealth platform architecture and applications.
Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in any programming language (Java, Golang)
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering (software design, architecture, implementation, and support).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience using infrastructure or configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Terraform.
- Comprehensive knowledge managing Linux systems.
- Experience with the software development process, automation, and testing.
- Previous team leadership experience.
- Experience with multiple hosting solutions (AWS, VPS, on-premise).
- Fluent on topics of networking, transport protocols, security, and monitoring.
- Experience with multiple types of databases/application servers.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC