The Telephony Engineering Manager will lead the team of Telephony Engineers to provide strategic and technical services support for GoHealth’s telephony platform used by all of our inside sales departments. You are driven to stay ahead of the curve in conducting research on best practices and industry trends of contact center telephony technology and related topics. You will also lead all telephony related activities to partner with key stakeholders to identify contact center problems, assess their impact, formulate potential alternatives, and implement solutions.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Lead, manage and mentor our team of Telephony Engineers that support the Five9 telephony platform solution that is utilized across our 3 US based contact centers and remote locations.
- Act as a hands on manager that can both lead and act as an individual contributor for all Engineering activities for our Five9 telephony solution.
- Oversee the development of Five9 campaign call flows, routing, IVR, outbound dialer campaigns, etc. to support business requirements and optimize the customer experience.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues across the enterprise and provide consistent monitoring, response, follow-up investigation and determination of root cause.
- Serve as our technical subject matter expert for Five9 in leading our team through enhancements, technical support, and maintenance.
- Work effectively with Project Managers, Business Representatives, Vendors and/or Analysts to ensure timely delivery and completion of projects.
- Represent Telephony Operations department with new client / program requirements definition and implementation, best-practice recommendations and solutions.
- Ensure all IVR script and routing changes for the call center telephony are completed within SLAs.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to best align the department’s services with the business needs.
Skills and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or applicable professional experience needed.
- 2+ years leading, managing and mentoring a team of telephony engineers.
- Strong working knowledge of scaling, upgrading, and troubleshooting call center systems: Five9 experience preferred, but Cisco (UCCE), Avaya or Genesys experience given strong consideration.
- 2+ years’ experience designing and implementing call flows, call routing, outbound campaigns, and IVR set up.
- Experience with telephony / data infrastructure as well as SIP, MPLS, VPN circuit, and VOIP.
- Working knowledge of call center recording systems.
- Able to effectively plan and prioritize overall team workload and priorities to manage time effectively and accomplish assigned tasks on time.
- Prior vendor management experience.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills allowing the candidate to work well in a team environment and deliver excellent customer service.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.