The newly created Manager, Revenue Recognition will report to the Director of Revenue Recognition and will assist in managing and coordinating all aspects of the company’s revenue recognition process end to end. In this critical role, the Manager of Revenue Recognition will partner with the Business Development, Revenue Operations, Advanced Data Analytics, and Legal teams, playing an advisor role during the contracting process to optimize business outcomes while ensuring accurate revenue recognition. The Manager of Revenue Recognition will serve as the technical accounting expert in applying ASC 606, documenting accounting conclusions for new revenue streams, establishing processes to ensure proper bookkeeping, and designing and maintaining effective internal controls throughout the revenue recognition process.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Collaborate with multiple constituencies across the organization, including the Business Development, Revenue Operations, Advanced Data Analytics, and Legal teams, playing an advisor role during the contracting process to optimize business outcomes while ensuring accurate revenue recognition.
- Support the revenue recognition process end to end, including contract review, analyze and conclude on accounting treatment, develop operational and accounting processes, record monthly revenue and revenue-related entries and prepare meaningful monthly revenue reporting to drive business insights.
- Continuously improve the quality of the revenue recognition process and provide high quality support for all SEC reporting requirements.
- Act as the ASC 606 subject matter expert, providing thought leadership, counsel, education and strategy on technical revenue recognition matters.
- Assist in validating and reviewing the calculation of variable consideration at the point of revenue recognition and in subsequent periods to identify the need for adjustments.
- Develop revenue-related KPIs that are meaningful to senior management and the investing community.
- Compile and provide audit work papers as requested by internal and external auditors.
- As part of Year 1 SOX 404 readiness, document revenue recognition process, identify gaps and risks, design and implement effective internal controls to mitigate identified gaps and risks.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in public accounting or public company environment or mix.
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting concepts, ASC 606 experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of internal controls.
- Comfortable working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment and willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Ability to independently organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and reach conclusions for recommendations.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines while maintaining a high quality product.
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills required.
- Process improvement and process innovation experience preferred.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, decision-making and judgment.
- Demonstrates accountability to personal work product.
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medicare, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.