GoHealth Intro: As a leading health insurance marketplace, Go Health’s mission is to improve access to healthcare in America. For customers, enrolling in a health insurance plan is confusing and difficult, and seemingly small differences between plans can lead to significant out-of-pocket costs or lack of access to critical medicines and even providers. We use our technology, agents, and expertise to cut through the confusion and get customers enrolled in a plan with the right coverage and benefits.
Why Apply: GoHealth has established a culture where our employees feel empowered, engaged and inspired. We are looking for builders who will contribute to the long-term health of the company. We also understand that you may not check every box in our requirements list, most applicants don’t! In fact, frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply today!
About the role: The newly created Manager of Tax role will report to the Head of Tax and is responsible for managing and coordinating the company’s tax functions, including tax accounting and financial statement reporting, compliance, non-income tax related items, audits and controversy, and tax planning and strategy. This is a highly visible role which requires the ability to work cross-functionally with other leaders throughout the organization. This role is ideal for highly motivated individuals with the ability to hyper-focus and complete tasks and projects to a high degree of success.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and/or prepare the global income tax provision on a quarterly and yearly basis including, but not limited to, effective and estimated annual tax rate calculations, valuation allowance assessments, tax related financial statement footnotes and disclosures, current and deferred tax calculations, effect of return to provision adjustments, and uncertain tax positions.
- Assist and manage with tax related close processes including income tax provision entries, management of all tax related GL accounts, and preparation of tax related close memos.
- Manage and review tax compliance for federal, international, state income/franchise tax, property tax, state and local sales and use tax, annual reports, and other non-income tax related items.
- Assist in managing and analyzing the company’s tax receivable agreement on a quarterly and yearly basis while working closely with internal and external legal counsel, tax advisors, and executives throughout the organization.
- Research, analyze, evaluate, and conclude on certain business transactions and initiatives that may impact the company’s tax positions, strategy, or landscape.
- Manage tax controls in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley while partnering with the internal audit team and our external auditors.
- Coordinate income and non-income tax related audits across all jurisdictions.
- Assist in managing third-party service providers for exceptional delivery and efficiency.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in tax required.
- CPA and/or MST required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, preferably with a mix of public accounting and public company environment.
- Experience with partnerships is a strong plus.
- Strong relationship builder who knows how to proactively identify opportunities or problems and facilitates understanding and solution development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to present and explain complex tax information to diverse audiences.
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401(k) program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth is an equal opportunity employer