GoHealth Intro: As a leading health insurance marketplace, GoHealth’s mission is to improve access to healthcare in America. For customers, enrolling in a health insurance plan is confusing and difficult, and seemingly small differences between plans can lead to significant out-of-pocket costs or lack of access to critical medicines and even providers. We use our technology, agents, and expertise to cut through the confusion and get customers enrolled in a plan with the right coverage and benefits.
Why Apply: GoHealth has established a culture where our employees feel empowered, engaged and inspired. We are looking for builders who will contribute to the long-term health of the company. We also understand that you may not check every box in our requirements list, most applicants don’t! In fact, frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply today!
About the role:
Do you enjoy diving deep into pools of data and emerging with incredible insights? Are you interested in working for an organization that operationalizes those findings quickly, and relies on your analysis to make major strategic decisions? Are you interested in leading a team with high business impact?
Read on – this role may be for you!
GoHealth seeks a Manager to join its Performance Marketing team. You’ll be responsible for using a combination of business intuition and analytics to provide the offline channel owners with actionable insights to drive strategic decision-making and maximize company-wide value. You’ll focus on analyzing, verifying, tracking, and reporting on marketing activities and exploring channel trends and opportunities. You’ll respond to the live needs of the business to solve problems and answer questions as they arise. Due to the dynamic nature of the Marketing team and this role, we seek entrepreneurial candidates with an ability to derive analytical insights from a variety of business contexts.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will be a vital decision maker in GoHealth’s multimillion dollar offline marketing budget. serve as a player-coach while owning two of the largest initiatives within GoHealth’s marketing team: 1) directing our large and intricate direct mail program and 2) working with our data science and product teams to identify and build new consumer targeting models for the entirety of GoHealth’s marketing engine. You’ll also serve as a conduit/SME between the marketing team and the Operational Analytics function to create powerful data insights into GoHealth’s member base.
- Support GoHealth’s Direct Mail campaigns on daily performance, and continued optimization of consumer targeting strategies.
- In collaboration with internal Data Science teams, analyze total addressable market caps and response trends to evaluate new targeting opportunities, both national and local, for GoHealth product marketing campaigns.
- Utilizing experience with large database organization, support GoHealth’s Direct Mail campaigns through volume modeling and reporting, advanced lookalike modeling, and continued spend optimization.
- Assume ownership of data processing for direct mail lead generation, partnering closely with GoHealth’s internal Product team on audience building applications, and with our 3rd party data partner.
- Work collaboratively with Captive business owners and marketing leadership to maximize ROI and cost per acquisition goals within a multi-million dollar quarterly budget.
- Develop a 12-month offline media plan in collaboration with Director of Offline Media for peak efficiency and scale.
- Continuously optimize media spend through stringent analysis of dayparting, geographical exposure, frequency, cost and more to provide strategic recommendations.
- Manage a team of performance marketing analysts to produce analyses and refine marketing plans to continually optimize offline marketing performance.
- Analyze marketing business insights to support initiatives and improve channel performance; diving into channel marketing KPIs to draw conclusions and supplement marketing funnel data to help the offline marketing team refine investment strategies.
- Optimize campaign performance at a granular level by evaluating return on spend and reconciling it with forecasted performance expectations.
- Constantly refine methods the offline team uses to drive proper forecasting and understanding the financial conditions using historical and current performance.
- Test hypotheses across functions using measurable, statistically significant methods to evaluate best performing strategies.
- Continually think of new ways that consumer data and insights can help support GoHealth.
What we’re looking for:
- BS or BA degree in business, economics, finance, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of related experience in a full-time role guiding strategic decision-making using analytics; exposure to an omni channel marketing ecosystem a plus.
- 1-2 years leading people formally as a people manager or informally as a functional team leader.
- Advanced Excel skills – comfortable with formula building, If/Then statements, and macros.
- Proven ability to interpret data to find insights and drive recommendations.
- Ability to take insights and turn them into actionable steps that can drive business value.
- Effective verbal and written communication with ability to explain complex concepts to colleagues with varying degrees of analytical knowledge and digital orientation.
- Project management experience is a plus.
Location: Chicago, IL
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer