Manager, Licensing Services leads a team of Licensing Advocates, Administrators and/or Analysts to support the onboarding and ongoing license and appointment maintenance for GoHealth agents.
As a member of the Licensing Services team, Licensing Managers guide their direct reports and the agents assigned to them, to ensure they are set up with GoHealth technology and systems, are fully licensed in multiple states, and Appointed to Sell (“ATS”) with a robust carrier footprint. They play a key role in ensuring all GoHealth agents are able to exceed their sales targets by offering consumers a choice of competitive insurance solutions to meet their needs.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Is a subject matter expert in all aspects of agent license and carrier appointment processes and systems
- Facilitate virtual sessions that consist of setting up licensing profiles, GoHealth technology and systems, set expectations for training and ensure the completion of pre-work assignments
- Compile and distribute reports on agent onboarding progress and readiness to transition to the next phase of training; provides status reports on a variety of licensing/carrier tasks
- Monitor agents throughout onboarding and new hire training to ensure agents are “appointed to sell” in a timely manner and set up for success once they reach the sales floor
- Provide ongoing support to agents by scheduling required continuing education and applying for license renewals
- Measure, monitor and audit productivity and quality levels of team members and redirect resources as needed
- Facilitate registration sessions with excellence, paving the way for a world class training/onboarding experience
- Provide leadership, coaching and development to direct reports to implement, support and measure the effectiveness of ongoing agent carrier certifications and appointment activities
- Guides the development plans for team members
- Collaborates with Recruiting, Learning & Development, Human Resources, Facilities and the Sales teams to share insights and lessons learned from projects and learning experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Identifies opportunities to enhance streamlined workflows and provides process improvement recommendations to management
- Support transparent and effective implementation, measurement and reporting of carrier appointment, licensing and certification initiatives and projects
- Reconcile invoices for services, resources and licenses
- Takes an active role in creating an environment of innovation, collaboration, transparency, accountability and trust
Skills and Experience:
- BA, BS, AS degree or related professional experience required
- 3 + years of licensing experience is required. Experience with Health and/or Medicare producer licenses a strong plus.
- 3 + years of leadership and people management experience is required
- Must have thorough understanding of state and federal licensing requirements
- Detail oriented to ensure data integrity in the compliance management system and other resources
- Experience with licensing and work flow resources (e.g. Agent Sync, NIPR, NAIC, SIRCON, JIRA)
- Highly proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- High degree of flexibility and agility to pivot quickly and respond to business dynamics
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to simplify complex concepts
- Exceptional listening skills and emotional intelligence to read and interpret team and leader dynamics
- Interest and passion for continuous improvement and leveraging the expertise of other team members
Benefits and Perks
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.