GoHealth is looking for a Lead Data Scientist, Manager to lead and manage a team of Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers, reporting to the Director, Data Science. You will guide the work of your team as well as interact with business stakeholders to identify, architect, and deploy machine learning solutions to important business problems. We are looking for candidates who can manage and empower teams, have demonstrated expertise in data science and software development, and the ability to turn that expertise into substantial financial impact. This role is remote and we can hire in the following states: IL, WI, IN, FL, UT, NC, AZ, GA, CO, OH, IA, KS, SC, TN, & TX
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Manage a team of Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to work on Data Science and Machine Learning projects related to all aspects of the business, including Lead Generation, Customer Profiling, Sales Enablement, and Customer Retention.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and product engineering teams to:
- Work closely with Data Engineers in designing the data pipelines needed to facilitate model development and their use in production systems.
- Mentor, empower and develop Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers on the team.
- Maintain and look to improve our Machine Learning Deployment Pipeline.
- Author formal reports that effectively communicate the details of models and their results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience demonstrating trajectory of professional growth in data science or machine learning.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of Data Scientists and/or Machine Learning Engineers.
- An advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science Economics, or related quantitative field.
- Proficiency with Python and common data and machine learning frameworks such as Pandas Numpy, and Scikit-Learn.
- Experience with Git or related version control systems (e.g. SVN, Mercurial, etc.)
- Expertise using SQL to query relational databases.
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem (especially Redshift, SageMaker, Athena, ECR, and S3, and Docker).
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Proficiency with automated testing frameworks such as Pytest, Unittest or Nose.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.