GoHealth is seeking an IT Support Specialist to help maintain a well-functioning technical environment and the in-house technical hardware, software and system support. Members of this team work with a variety of equipment and systems including desktops, laptops, network connectivity, and both Windows and Mac software. In this role you will take pride in proactively fine-tuning our environment to anticipate and avoid technical issues as well as rapidly responding to technical issues impacting end users and key business operations. You will work with our employees to understand their technical needs, perform workstation installations, provide desktop support and system maintenance, troubleshooting connectivity issues, supporting office/email applications, and addressing other network-wide and desktop-level issues.
Frequently cited statistics show that women apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Troubleshoot and perform break/fix of laptops (both Windows and MacOS), desktops and peripheral networking and A/V equipment
- Diagnose and resolve issues with applications, interfaces, hardware, software, security and system failures
- Image, Provision, deploy MS Windows and MacOS laptop and desktop workstations as needed for new hires
- Exceptional customer service, communication, problem solving and analytical skills while working through the resolution of help desk tickets in a timely, appropriate manner
- Dexterity with the ability to lift at least 25lbs, move and manipulate computers and servers, climb under desks to pull network and power cables, and other associated physical activities on an as needed basis
- Available to assist with evening and or weekend support as needed
- Ability to travel 10% of the time as required
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field and/or applicable equivalent work experience
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a customer focused end user IT Support role
- Strong knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (7, 10), MacOS, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in replacing hardware components (hard drives, RAM, ect)
- Experienced in working in Windows Server 2012 -2019, specifically with Active Directory
- Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, LAN and basic VoIP concepts
- Familiarity with WDS disk imaging technology
- Experience working in JIRA or another applicable ticketing system.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Interest Clubs
- Charitable Events
- Monthly event calendars, newsletters and wellness activities
- Birthday Celebration recognition
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.