Go Health is seeking a Director of Facilities to take on construction, renovation & maintenance of our new and existing offices in Chicago. This role will be directly involved in the design, bid, and construction for 3+ new locations annually and at the same time involved with the upkeep of our current facilities throughout the country. The ideal candidate can assist in managing multiple build-outs and existing facilities needs simultaneously, and can coordinate and communicate with business leads, contractors, designers, architects, consultants, and vendors to ensure on-time and on-budget work. The role requires working collaboratively with design and operations to understand needs and limitations and use those inputs to drive decision-making during construction. Further, the Director of Facilities requires an organized and motivated self-starter, who works well independently and whose strong communication skills facilitate ownership of construction processes, maintenance and relationships.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Demonstrates leadership, responsiveness, problem solving and creative thinking
- Ability to navigate a fast pace environment ensuring open communication and problem solving in a timely manner
- Manage existing facility capital re-investment needs
- Assists in the development and implementation of annual management plans
- Regularly surveys site facilities and their mechanical equipment, building shell, interior finishes, etc. and develop recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinates building operations for utility, facility, or other maintenance activities that can affect operations
- Site due diligence support, including site feasibility, base building survey and landlord work letter review
- Review test fits, store designs and specifications, finish schedules, FF&E, etc in partnership with the design team and provide input on challenges related to execution, schedule, and budget
- Develop national partnerships for products and materials needed during construction
- Assist in bidding, permitting, and licensing process, in tandem with architect and design team
- Assist in developing and monitoring construction budgets and schedules to ensure on-time and on-budget projects
- Implement means and methods to minimize risks and delays during design and construction phases
- Manage construction process with General Contractors and related trades from concept to opening day, including but not limited to RFIs, submittals, pay applications, work quality, closeout, and punch lists
- Day to day interface with General Contractor and design teams to make key decisions that arise during construction
- Provide regular monitoring of the approved estimate of design and construction costs and issue a monthly budget update
- Tracks budget variances, communicates them promptly and looks for ways to mitigate impact
- Take responsibility for a smooth transition of completed projects to operations team
- Assist in developing and managing all contractor and vendor relationships in each market
- Create and monitor facilities budget and vendor relationships
- Work with operations team to understand, evaluate and if determined, execute facility repairs and maintenance
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
- 6+ years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
- An extensive construction and facilities background including new and existing facility construction and maintenance, and work on numerous facilities of each type simultaneously
- Ability to interpret and advise on construction drawings, specifications, and means and methods
- Broad knowledge of construction, planning, mechanical, HVAC and electrical design and operation.
- Working knowledge of service and maintenance costs and knowledge of rules and regulations governing facilities safety requirements
- Exceptional oral and written communications and team building skills are required.
- Excellent skills in mobile technology, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, scheduling software, accounting spreadsheets, computerized maintenance management and building automation.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state, and local codes governing facilities operations and facilities safety.
Benefits and Perks
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer