The Facilities and Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the exterior and interior maintenance of all GoHealth Chicago facilities. You will work with Facilities management to determine related needs on a daily basis, as well as work with front desk staff and vendors to ensure that each office location is properly maintained. You must have knowledge of electrical, carpentry, HVAC systems, and general construction techniques. The primary responsibility for this position will be to perform general maintenance tasks, working with vendors and maintenance of HVAC systems.
- Ensure that facilities and maintenance needs are assessed and addressed every morning – Opening of building.
- Provide supervision and guidance for a junior maintenance technician.
- Identify and follow scheduled maintenance duties for the day/week.
- Provide management with emailed status reports regularly and incident reports when necessary.
- Manage maintenance requests through online ticketing system.
- Help coordinate requests for proposals and engage maintenance vendors for outsourced work.
- Daily review of HVAC and boiler systems for all facilities.
- Assist with grounds maintenance and day to day repair to keep the facilities in great working order.
- Assist in determining needs for equipment leases and maintenance supplies or materials.
- Respond to calls during the shift requiring clean up and emergencies.
- Support and participate in all emergency planning and activities.
- Respond 24/7 to building emergencies
- Be available for special events if need be in the evenings or weekends.
- Other Duties as agreed upon with Facilities management.
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of facilities experience within an office facility
- Intermediate computer skills and writing proficiency.
- The ability to work independently at multiple locations
- Must have at least a H.S. Diploma
- HVAC and boiler systems experience and knowledge
- Must be available 24/7 in case of emergencies
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer