GoHealth Intro: As a leading health insurance marketplace, Go Health’s mission is to improve access to healthcare in America. For customers, enrolling in a health insurance plan is confusing and difficult, and seemingly small differences between plans can lead to significant out-of-pocket costs or lack of access to critical medicines and even providers. We use our technology, agents, and expertise to cut through the confusion and get customers enrolled in a plan with the right coverage and benefits.
Why Apply: GoHealth has established a culture where our employees feel empowered, engaged and inspired. We are looking for builders who will contribute to the long-term health of the company. We also understand that you may not check every box in our requirements list, most applicants don’t! In fact, frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply today!
About the role: The Director of Revenue Recognition will be responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of the company’s revenue recognition process end to end. In this critical role, the Director of Revenue Recognition will partner with the Business Development, Revenue Operations, Advanced Analytics, and Legal teams, playing an advisor role during the contracting process to optimize business outcomes while ensuring accurate revenue recognition. The Director of Revenue Recognition will serve as the technical accounting expert in applying ASC 606, documenting accounting conclusions for new revenue streams, establishing processes to ensure proper bookkeeping, and designing and maintaining effective internal controls throughout the revenue recognition process.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with multiple constituencies across the organization, including the Business Development, Revenue Operations, Advanced Analytics, and Legal teams, playing an advisor role during the contracting process to optimize business outcomes while ensuring accurate revenue recognition.
- Manage the revenue recognition process end to end, including contract review, analyze and conclude on accounting treatment, develop operational and accounting processes, record monthly revenue and revenue-related entries and prepare meaningful monthly revenue reporting to drive business insights.
- Continuously improve the quality of the revenue recognition process and provide high quality support for all SEC reporting requirements.
- Act as the ASC 606 subject matter expert, providing thought leadership, counsel, education and strategy on technical revenue recognition matters.
- Create a rigorous process to review the calculation of variable consideration at the point of revenue recognition and in subsequent periods to identify the need for adjustments.
- Develop revenue-related KPIs that are meaningful to senior management and the investing community.
- Understand the audit approach and implement processes to streamline quarterly reviews and annual audits to drive success. Engage with external auditors proactively to ensure alignment early on.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA required.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, preferably with a mix of public accounting and public company environment.
- Expert knowledge of ASC 606 required and experience with revenue forecast modeling preferred.
- Strong relationship builder who can proactively identify opportunities or problems, facilitates understanding and solution development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an executive presence, and proven ability to present and explain complex accounting issues to diverse audiences.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to direct and control overall organizational resources.
- Comfortable working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment and willing to roll up your sleeves.
Location: Chicago, IL(Hybrid)
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend