The newly created Director of Revenue Recognition will manage the company’s revenue recognition process end to end. In this important role, the Director of Revenue Recognition will partner with the Business Development, Revenue Operations, Advanced Data Analytics, and Legal teams, playing an advisor role during the contracting process to improve results while ensuring accurate revenue recognition. The Director of Revenue Recognition will be the technical accounting expert in applying ASC 606, documenting accounting conclusions for new revenue streams, establishing processes to ensure bookkeeping, and designing and maintaining internal controls throughout the revenue recognition process. You will report to our Chief Accounting Officer.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Work with multiple constituencies across the organization, including the Business Development, Revenue Operations, Advanced Data Analytics, and Legal teams, playing an advisor role during the contracting process to improve results while ensuring accurate revenue recognition.
- Manage the revenue recognition process end to end, including contract review, analyze and conclude on accounting treatment, develop operational and accounting processes, record monthly revenue and revenue-related entries and prepare meaningful monthly revenue reporting to improve business insights.
- Improve the quality of the revenue recognition process and provide high-quality support for all SEC reporting requirements.
- Be the ASC 606 expert, providing expertise, counsel, education and strategy on technical revenue recognition matters.
- Create a rigorous process to review the calculation of variable consideration at the point of revenue recognition and in subsequent periods to identify the need for adjustments.
- Develop revenue-related goals that are meaningful to senior management and the investing community.
- Understand the audit approach and implement processes to refine quarterly reviews and annual audits to achieve success. Engage with external auditors to ensure understanding early on.
- As part of Year 1 SOX 404 readiness, document revenue recognition process, identify gaps and risks and implement internal controls to reduce identified gaps and risks.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA required.
- 8 years of relevant experience, with a mix of public accounting and public company environment.
- Expert knowledge of ASC 606 required and experience with revenue forecast modeling.
- Identify opportunities or problems, promote understanding and solution development.
- Experience presenting and explaining complex accounting issues to diverse audiences.
- Lead and direct organizational resources.
- Comfortable working in an unstructured but ready to be developed environment.
Benefits and Perks
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC