GoHealth is looking for a Data Scientist intern to join its Advanced Analytics and Operations Research team. You will learn and develop skills in data science and advanced analytics including statistics and optimization to develop models and technologies that create value to support the business. Some current and recent projects include the modeling of customer retention, lifetime values of Medicare Advantage policies and detection of anomalies in commission payments. You will directly report to our VP of Advanced Analytics.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Understand GoHealth’s business processes, including the role each department plays in supporting the company’s ultimate goals
- Assist the team in quantitative analyses, working with data engineers, data analysts and other business partners to solve problems
- Provide new insights through a combination of descriptive and diagnostic analytics
- Help test hypotheses across departments using statistical methods to evaluate better performing tactics
- Apply current data science techniques and methods
- Interact with colleagues on a range of data science and advanced analytics projects
Skills & Experience:
- Junior or Master’s Student pursuing a degree in quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or related field
- Strong desire to enhance data science programming skills; experience in data and analytics programming languages such as Python, R or MATLAB preferred
- Fundamental understanding of extracting and standardizing data from different data sources
- Interest in regression, classification, machine learning, estimation and hypothesis testing
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced technical environment
- Strong academic performance (minimum GPA = 3.5/4.0)
- 10-week paid internship (starting June 2021) in the trendy River North Neighborhood in downtown Chicago. Subject to change remotely pending status of COVID-19
- Casual work environment - we’re a friendly group, we have fun with each other and have a respectful workplace
- Rotational days to shadow other areas of the business
- Interactive Lunch & Learns with C-Suite
- Continued training opportunities through GoHealth E-Learning series
- Casual dress code
GoHealth will conduct all interviews for our internships remotely. While we intend to have the internship program (beginning June 2021) at our Chicago Headquarters, we are prepared to move this program virtual following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.