As a leading health insurance marketplace, GoHealth’s mission is to improve access to healthcare in America. For customers, enrolling in a health insurance plan is confusing and difficult, and seemingly small differences between plans can lead to significant out-of-pocket costs or lack of access to critical medicines and even providers. We use our technology, agents, and expertise to cut through the confusion and get customers enrolled in a plan with the right coverage and benefits.
GoHealth has established a culture where our employees feel empowered, engaged, and inspired. We are looking for builders who will contribute to the long-term health of the company. We also understand that you may not check every box in our requirements list, most applicants don’t! In fact, frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply today!
About The Role
GoHealth is a performance marketing powerhouse, bringing together creative, strategy, media, and analytics to engage customers in their all-important health insurance decisions for maximum impact. We are leading from the front, shifting an industry built on transactional encounters to one centered on trusted relationships. As empathetic communicators and data-driven decision makers, we are passionate about connecting with our consumer in a purposeful and personal way. The GoHealth Marketing department is seeking creative thinkers with the mental agility to ask meaningful questions and draw upon insights to drive impactful results.
The Creative Director will lead GoHealth’s brand ethos, architecture, visual identity and creative. You will lead internal and external teams in building our brand and developing a full-funnel marketing library that elevates awareness, drives consideration, and generates leads, conversion, and attachment across all online and offline channels. The ideal candidate should be both strategic and hands-on, with demonstrated ability to translate business objectives and creative briefs into marketing strategies and creative executions, but also be comfortable rolling up their sleeves and doing the work…writing a headline, re-imagining a website experience, spinning up a social concept, etc.
What You’ll Do
- Author Brand Architecture – Brand Guidelines, Voice, Tone, Visual identity, Iconography, etc
- Curate Brand Ethos – Refine and curate the brand marks, guidelines, taglines, etc, and evolve over time, including positioning, key art, photography, video, illustration, etc.
- Make Cool Stuff – Develop library of full-funnel creative assets to drive awareness, education, and a call-to-action to get audiences to click or call, inclusive of video, imagery, design, and copy.
- Iterate, Optimize, & Evolve – Collaborate with media and sales partners to test, iterate, optimize, and scale the creative concepts that demonstrate traction and create business results
- Lead and develop team of Creative resources, both internal and external
- Own the vision, creation, and execution of our visual marketing across all consumer touchpoints, including digital and traditional/offline – TV, Direct Mail, Email, Affiliate, Web, Digital, Social, Video, etc
- Collaborate with Director, Creative Strategy to ensure creative assets adhere to industry regulations and guidelines
- Develop processes and identify opportunities for improvements that drive quality and efficiency to help writers and designers work efficiently
- Produce disruptive work that translates complex ideas into simple, compelling experiences
What We’re Looking For
- You have an intimate understanding of copy, design, and web best practices/guidelines along with an understanding of the feasibility of your vision on the back end, and how to lead a team to create distinguished campaigns with a full suite of assets. You have proven experience in creating great communications based on strategic thinking, and you have led the development of engaging and cohesive campaigns, across a variety of platforms.
- You are a copywriter at heart, who possesses a “hands-on”, “roll-up-the-sleeves” mentality. You thrive in a “do what it takes” culture and enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple priorities while working in a strategic manner.
- Passion for Performance Marketing – We know the best work by the numbers it generates. We are an ROI-driven performance marketing org
- You’re an authentic, mature, flexible leader with a proven track record in overseeing a motivated, happy team that feels challenged and appreciated
- You embrace the power of teamwork. You are a skilled collaborator who embraces the role of being a bridge among individuals in a matrixed organization.
- You have a stunning portfolio full of a wide range of visual styles and a passion for storytelling
- You possess a clear understanding of design-centered processes as well as proven methodologies for identifying and solving problems
- 10-15+ years professional experience, with both agency and client-side experiences preferred
- A BA in communications, advertising, marketing, creative writing, design, or related field
- Experience with a wide variety of creative & design software
What We Offer
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Opportunity to make a real impact
- Mentorship from senior leaders to invest in your career growth
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Resource Groups