The Accounting and Finance Intern will partner with the Director of Accounting, Controller, and the broader Accounting and Finance Team to assist with day-to-day accounting and finance activities and to help the Company achieve its short-term and long-term financial goals. Projects will span across traditional day-to-day accounting functions, financial accounting and reporting, corporate finance, and treasury. The Accounting and Finance Intern will have the opportunity to build an experience that suits the successful candidate’s strengths and areas of interest.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Assist with day-to-day departmental activities, including preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, managing cash receipts, and processing invoices to vendors for payment
- Assist in month-end close activities, including preparing consolidated income statements, balance sheets, and cash flows
- Analyze actual consolidated financial results vs. budget and assist department heads and other internal stakeholders in clearly understanding variances and underlying business drivers
- Research technical accounting issues and prepare accounting position papers, memos, polices, and procedures based on thorough interpretations of authoritative GAAP
- Assist in the Company’s drive to implement a “best-in-class” Accounting and Finance Department by identifying, implementing, and improving internal controls
- Work with business leaders in adjacent departments to understand partner needs/requirements and help translate that strategic direction into actionable projects
- Assist in drafting presentations that visually demonstrate significant departmental and business insights
- Junior or Master's student In pursuit of, or have achieved, a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and a high degree of flexibility and agility to pivot quickly and respond to team dynamics
- Strong analytical capabilities with a passion for providing innovative and impactful insights to help drive continuous improvement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- 10-week paid internship (starting June 2021) in the trendy River North Neighborhood in downtown Chicago. Subject to change remotely pending status of COVID-19
- Casual work environment - we’re a friendly group, we have fun with each other and have a respectful workplace
- Rotational days to shadow other areas of the business
- Interactive Lunch & Learns with C-Suite
- Continued training opportunities through GoHealth E-Learning series
- Casual dress code
GoHealth will conduct all interviews for our internships remotely. While we intend to have the internship program (beginning June 2021) at our Chicago Headquarters, we are prepared to move this program virtual following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.