The Senior Software Engineer at GoHealth will play a key part in designing performant, scalable, web-based software solutions that handle a high volume of transactions each day. As a senior member of our software engineering team, the right person will be experienced in software design, architecture, construction, testing, deployment, and support in an Agile environment. This person will have some experience leading a team and managing collaborative team projects. The Senior Software Engineer will be an integral part of our software development at GoHealth, serving as a thought leader in our organization and as a mentor to their team.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC
- Architect, design, and implement high quality, well-tested, reliable software.
- Work effectively with Product Management, Quality Assurance, and other Engineers in an agile environment.
- Lead engineering teams in implementing critical new business functionality.
- Serve as internal champion in code quality, reuse, and extensibility.
- Develop extensive knowledge of GoHealth platform architecture, services, and applications.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field is preferred.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with Typescript and/or Golang are helpful.
- Good sense of how to design and implement useful tests.
- Knowledge of common libraries and frameworks helpful: Spring, React, Redux.
- Experience with Linux or BSD, and Open Source tools, frameworks, and technologies.
- Previous leadership is preferred.
- Significant experience working with various types of databases/application servers.
- Out-of-the-box thinker, ready to describe their vision and demonstrate passion for their work product.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer