The Principal Software Engineer- Data at GoHealth will be a lead role in designing high-performing, real time and batch analytical processing as well as Data Modeling for our data warehousing solution. The ideal Principal Software Engineer of Data will be a creative and strategic thinker, an effective motivator and experienced leader. This person will be able to thrive in an Agile environment and will be process- and technology-improvement oriented. The Principal Software Engineer will be an integral part of our Product Development team, serving as a thought leader in the group and as a mentor to their team.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC
- Exercise Architectural Oversight of GoHealth’s Data Engineering stack with other Principal Engineers.
- Oversee, Lead and Mentor a globally distributed team of engineers.
- Define and Drive a strategic vision for data engineering at GoHealth with other Principal Engineers.
- Work with Product Management and Business Owners to drive our strategic business goals forward.
- Establish a strong culture of engineering quality and practice.
- Collaborate with other Principal engineers to define and establish engineering standards.
Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in either Java or Python.
- Experience with Flink, Spark, Storm or similar data processing pipelines.
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering (software design, architecture, deployment, and support).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Experience, with a full-stack background in front-end and back-end Java development.
- Experience with Linux or BSD, and Open Source tools, frameworks, and technologies.
- Experience working with multiple business layers to achieve SaaS products through the SDLC.
- Experience with the software development process, automation, and testing.
- Previous team empowerment and leadership experience.
- Experience with multiple hosting solutions (AWS, VPS, on-premise).
- Experience with multiple types of databases/application servers.
- Ready to implement your vision and demonstrate passion for their work product.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer