We are looking for an experienced Compliance Counsel to join our Legal Team. You will help oversee the company’s compliance program, including managing the compliance efforts of multiple departments and sites. You will help build ongoing compliance with multiple state and federal regulatory requirements. You will report to the Deputy General Counsel.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Work directly with company leadership to evaluate compliance requirements and craft compliance programs.
- Monitor and audit each department’s compliance with internal and third-party requirements.
- Work with senior legal leadership to manage external communication as it relates to compliance.
- Lead inquiries and audits by contract or regulation, including escalated consumer complaints, risk assessments, and security audits.
- Conduct compliance training programs for both corporate and call-center employees.
- Evaluate new products and programs for potential compliance issues and oversee remediation when issues arise.
- Partner with GoHealth’s Consumer Marketing Team to manage and approve marketing content.
- Coordinate responses to compliance concerns or improvement opportunities among several departments and implement solutions to improve customer satisfaction and retention.
- Perform due diligence assessments of potential and current partners including on-site audits when possible.
Skills and Experience:
- JD is required with 2-5 years working in the fields of compliance, public policy, health insurance, or health care administration. Prior in house experience considered a strong plus.
- Understanding of regulatory frameworks of Medicare, HIPAA, and ACA.
- Must be an excellent communicator who can work with external partners and department leadership and articulate compliance-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Must be able to evaluate contractual and regulatory requirements, understand their impact on the business, and design creative compliance solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including MS excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), is required.
- Experience dealing with prioritization of projects are required.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.